The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship
This Scholarship was established in 1998 by Lilly Endowment Inc. to help raise the level of educational attainment in Indiana. The scholarship covers full tuition and $900 per year for books and equipment for four years. To qualify you must meet the following:
• Be a Whitley County resident for 12 months prior to the date of this application.
• On the course to graduate in June 2023 with a diploma from an accredited Indiana High School and plan to pursue a full-time baccalaureate course of study at an accredited public or private college or university in Indiana.
• Have financial need.
• Demonstrate pride in the community, responsibility, perseverance, self-esteem, and the desire to contribute to Whitley County through work or volunteerism.
Please carefully review your completed application before submitting it to the Foundation to ensure that all required documents have been included.
The 2022 Deadline is September 9, 2022.
Two letters of recommendation are required. Teacher recommendations should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday September 2, 2022. Please give the teachers the following form for their use when writing the recommendation. (Teacher Evaluation Form) Recommendations are very important to the selection committee and this should be relayed to the teacher writing the recommendation.
At the end of the scholarship application, two of the following essay questions will need to be answered and uploaded via a Word document. These essays need to be 500 to 800 words long.
- If you were given the ability to change one moment in your life, would you do so? Why or why not? If so, what moment would you change and why?
Discuss a time when you had to make the decision to take a risk or play it safe? Why did you make the choice and what did you learn from your decision?
- Discuss a civic issue of local, national or international importance and why it matters to you.
- What would you like to do to change the world for the better?
If you have any questions, please contact Carol at email@example.com or 260.244.5224.